Ask a Dentist   »  

Liquid drainage from hard palate between two front teeth, mucus when crying, had removal of nasopalatine duct cyst, deep bone biopsy

Dentist, Pedodontics
I have had liquid drainage from my hard palate for the last year. I have had a nasopalatine duct cyst removed. Most recently, was told the drainage was a phantom of burning mouth syndrome. The liquid is mucous at times, especially when I cry. I have severe bone loss and gum loss from the three surgeries which were a biopsy of the papillae, XXXXXXX bone biopsy and exploratory surg of the hard palate. it drains between my two front teeth..weeping super wet feeling all the time. My two front teeth are movable. Your thoughts?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Amitabha Chakraborty 16 hours later

Thank you for the query.

You have provided with good information, but I would like to know more details like when was the surgery performed. This will help me provide more specific suggestions.

If it is recently, I mean, roughly within 30 days, these symptoms are not uncommon and that discharges from healing cystic cavity. It will subsided over the time.

If the surgery is done long back, there is a chance that some area of the suture line is not properly healed. Nasopalatine duct cyst, does not recur commonly, if removed properly.

Actually proper reason for this type of symptoms are difficult to say until we see the patient clinically and see all the required documents for example patients age, pre and postoperative x -ray, biopsy reports etc.

Your tooth movement is common because of the removal of the supporting bone. It will become stable in time, but root canal treatment of those teeth may be required.

Burning mouth syndrome, if you are suffering from, is very unfortunate, but it has no relation with the cyst surgery.

If I receive all your clinical reports, some more light can be focused on your problem.

Hope, I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.