Liquid discharge, blood from belly button. What could it be?

for about a month or so I have had this smelly liquid discharge come out from my belly button , I thought I was just not cleaning it well, today though a tiny bit of blood was mixed in..I panicked and looked online and panicked even more because I saw stuff like tumors , I have no pain at all and when I press it . I am a little overweight at 186 pounds and 5 feet 9 inches. I am 23 yrs male. what could this be and should I get a doctor appointment?
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Your description sounds like simple infection at the site.
Bacterial and/or fungal infections are very common there.

However, it is better to be examined by a doctor and make sure.
The umbilicus (belly button) has a wide area of lymphatic drainage - from axilla (armpit) to groin!
See your GP.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck