Lips of vagina swollen, itches and aches. Pain radiates to the hip joints, glands there swollen. Recovery?

one of the lips on my vigina is very swollen, itches and and aches when I stand. When I looked I could see four pimples. One looked like it might be an ingrown hair. The pain radiates into my hip joint. my glands in that area area is also swollen.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 2 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

You need to go on an antibiotic now so I will be very brief. This is exactly as you say -- an infected hair follicle. Go on Amoxicillin or whatever your doctor recommends! But do it now!.

Hope I have answered your query. Do write back if you have any doubts.

Wishing you speedy recovery.

Andrew Rynne.