Lips darkened, hanging away, frequent biting, dry lips. Treatment?

Treatment for dry lips. everytime byting the lips and making lips to wet i used tounge to make wet. my lips looks like hanging away from my mouth and it seems to be in black colour like smoker will have (But i am not a smoker).
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later

Frequent biting of lips and licking has caused a chronic injury to your lips causing more of fibrosis and loss of the soft luscious look.

This is a long term damage done to the tissue which is difficult to revert back with the help of some topical ointments.

The dark pigmentation on the lips is due to overactivity of melanocytes in that area.To decrease this pigmentation to some extent you can use some simple measures like-

1.Raw potato juice, mashed avocado, cocoa butter, lime juice and honey can be applied daily to the area.

2.Take about 20 volume of hydrogen peroxide to which add about two tablespoonful of some milk powder and then mix it with a few drops of glycerine. Apply this mix on the pigmented areas and let it remain for 20 minutes. Then rinse the skin with water and subsequently apply moisturizer.

3. Take same amount of vinegar and use for cleansing the lips. Rinse the lips and let it dry naturally by air. The acetic acid in the vinegar will help in getting rid of the dark color and also allows the skin to remain radiant as well as smooth. XXXXXXX cider vinegar as well as natural vinegars are beneficial for treating this health condition.

5. Mix a Vitamin E capsule with some drops of castor oil and spread the content over the affected parts.

All of these are home remedies, these do not guarantee any help but are safe and effective upto some extent.

For extreme dryness you can regularly use glycerine and lip guard.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.