Lips burning, throat tingling. took clonazepam drops without mixing with water. history of anxiety, OCD. Precautions ?

what happens if i take clonazepam drops without mixing it with water. i was in a hurry and did so and now my lips and throat are tingling. is that ok?

i have anxiety and OCD, so now i'm panicking thinking that i did something wrong and it's going to hurt me for taking it without i just put the 7 drops in a spoon and swallowed it and then starting freaking out when my lips and throat starting burning. please tell me it doesnt matter!
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 12 minutes later

The tingling and irritation in the lips and throat may be due to the concentrated clonazepam drops. It should improve in a few hours. So do not panic.

Some people might experience symptoms of drowsiness, lack of co-ordination, unsteadiness and so on. If such symptoms develop, it is wise to see your meanwhile, I suggest you to drink plenty of fluids. It would help in proper metabolism. It will also flush the drug out of your system faster.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow ups if you have any clarifications.