Lipoma on hands, thighs, stomach. Cost of surgical removal?

Question
hello sir, I am having around 200-250 lipomas on my hands,thighs and stomach,spreading all over very fastly.Their number shooted to 200 from 50 in just one year.Please guide me about their surgical removal.How much does removal of 40 around lipomas on hands cost me.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX

One of the reasons for having multiple lipomas on the body is multiple lipomatosis - a hereditary syndrome that causes multiple lipomas all over the body. Treatment can include simple excision, endoscopic removal, or liposuction. The treatment depends on the size, number and location of lipomas.

Simple excision is usually done for superficial lipomas and is done under anesthesia by giving and excision and removing the contents of the lipoma. Then these contents are sent for histopathological examination.

Liposuction has more recurrence rate. Surgical incisional removal has less recurrence rate as it is removed completely, including the capsule.

Depending on the hospital setup you are getting these lipomas removed, cost varies but is not much and may run in thousands. You can confirm the rates from different good hospitals in your area and compare the facilities provided.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Lipoma on hands, thighs, stomach. Cost of surgical removal? 13 hours later
Sir,
Thank you very much for nice information,I am residing in kanpur,Can you please give me details of hospitals and cost estimation of this surgical process.
Will this surgical process leave scars on hand?
Will lipodissolve suit my case of multiple lipomas? How much lipodissolve cost?

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 12 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for updating me.

Regarding the scars, it depends upon the size of the lipomas and the operating surgeon. It makes sense to get it done from a plastic/aesthetic surgeon who have a much better operating hand and ensure minimal scarring.

Delhi is closest to you and you can contact one of the good hospitals like Apollo, XXXXXXX or Medicity and no one will be able to tell the cost until and unless they examine the patient.

It is for the surgeon to decide which will be the best way to deal with your multiple lipomas (surgery versus liposuction). Hence, my sincere suggestion to consult a surgeon for the same.