Limited food intake and doing exercise. Why am I not able to lose weight?

Inspite of limited food intake and exercise, I can't able to loose weight
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 42 minutes later
I can appreciate your concern for your weight. Weight loss is a slow process and it takes weeks and even months before you can appreciate any change.

Weight loss is a long term commitment, there are no short cuts.
You have work really hard for this.
There are main three pillars of weight loss plan.
1. Diet Planning
2. Exercise
3. Drugs if needed.
>First of all please visit your doctor to look for any medical reasons for over weight like thyroid disorder or any other hormonal imbalance in your body.
>Then visit a dietician who can plan your diet well as per your need and life style.
>Do regular exercise about 30-45 minutes in a day on most days of the week.

As far as drugs are concerned most of them are unreliable. There are hardly any drugs that are scientifically proven and have a good and long term safely profile.

The foods that you should eat more to lose weight are:
Eggs, beans, XXXXXXX tea, salads, fruits like pears, papayas, soups like chicken soup, lean meats, tofu, nuts, high fiber cereal, nuts like walnuts, oatmeal, brown rice and multigrain hot cereals.

Also keep a strict watch on your calorie intake, change of diet completely to high fibre, high protein diet, drink plenty of water before and after meal which helps in proper digestion and prevent you from overeating and exercising (walking, cycling or swimming) to burn your extra calories and keep your heart healthy.

The foods that you should avoid in order not to gain any weight are sugar containing foods like sweets, aerated drinks, chocolates, XXXXXXX and preserves, biscuits, cakes, canned fruit in syrup, fizzy drinks, processed foods, oily and fried foods, Red meat, butter, whole-fat cheese, Margarine (especially stick), cakes, pies, frostings and fried foods (i.e., French fries, fried chicken), hot dogs, cheese, tomato sauce, canned and dried soup, deli meat, frozen pizza, potato and pasta mixes and frozen dinners.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.