Lightheadedness, stomach ache and sweating. What could this be?

suddenly my wife felt lightheaded,immediately sat down but was hit by sudden sweat and stomach ache. went to bathroom successfully. sweats ended so she sat down, now is?
seeing colorful zigzags and circles . what may it be, what should we do
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hypoglycemic episode.

Detailed Answer:

Your wife's current symptoms seems to be related to hypoglycemia to me (Low blood sugar). It may happen due to messing a meal. In this situation take a carbohydrate XXXXXXX snack like cookies and a sugary drink and see if that helps. A carbohydrate XXXXXXX snack is usually sufficient to take care of hypoglycemic episodes.

If she doesn't feel better with a carbohydrate XXXXXXX snack, you need to take her to the ER and get her vitals and cardiac check up done.

All hypoglycemic episode needs to be reported the treating doctor even if the episode is treated. The doctor would evaluate for diabetes and the reasons for hypoglycemia to prevent similar concerns in future.

Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any clarification.