Lightheaded, arm numbness and tingling. Does it require immediate treatment?

I have been feeling lightheaded for the past few hours. My right arm has recently become numb and tingling. Can I wait to call the Dr. tomorrow? I don't want to wake my son to go to the ER if it's unneccary.
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 46 minutes later

I can appreciate your concern.

The common reasons for light-headedness could be

>Some changes in blood pressure
>Stress-physical or mental
>Some viral illness etc.

The reason for numbness in right arm could be due to over exertion, some pressure over nerves of neck or arm.

Please consult a doctor if

>You feel unsteady
>Increasing headache
>Something unusual feeling
>Tingling and numbness becomes bother some and does not allow you to sleep
>Tendency to vomit
>Chest discomfort or perspiration

Otherwise if you are comfortable with your self and your blood pressure in under control you can afford to wait till next morning to see your doctor.

In the presence of any of the symptoms mentioned above please visit ER/your doctor.

I hope this helps you in taking an informed decision.

Please feel free to write again if you have some more queries, in case you do not have more queries please accept the answer.