Light yellow thick discharge from anus, constipated. Why do I pass stool once in a week? Is it gas?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I only have bowl movement once a week. I feel like I have to go more often but when I sit down to go usually I just pass gas and I get a thick almost like jellied light brown or light yellow discharge from my anus. This has been like this for a week. I have not passed any poo.
Posted Fri, 1 Jun 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later

The symptom you have described requires immediate attention and investigation.

You seem to be suffering from intestinal obstruction. Taking into consideration the speed at which you are developing the symptom there is a likelihood of the obstructing agent being lower down towards the large bowel.

A General surgical consultation is mandatory and at the earliest. Clinical evaluation, hematological investigations confirmed by radiological investigation like Computed Tomography (CT) will confirm the diagnosis.

I hope this provides you with road map for further action. Let me know if you need any more assistance.

With regards