Light period after taking Unwanted 72, lengthened periods, headache. Why is this happening?

hello doc, this is XXXXXXX here from india, my girl-friend had got her last mestru perod on 13 XXXXXXX 2012, after that due to circumstances she had to take an emergency contraceptive pill(unwanted-72) on 31st XXXXXXX 2012... after that she had got her mensreu period on 7th of feb 2012 which was very light and black in color, after from 8 to 13 feb she had her period which was normal.. but from 13 evening she is still having a very slight light flow of blood from her vagina, but its more than 7 days now and she always had her period for 5 days...
she is having high headache also.... why is this happeninng?? is there any problem?? and when will these stop? please help us out....
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

If the bleeding is very light, you and your girlfriend need not worry. It is common after taking an emergency contraceptive pill.

It might continue for another 2 to 3 days. If it does not stop by then, you should consult a gynecologist.

Headache could be a side effect of the emergency contraceptive pill. Or it could be due to tension. you can give her one tablet of Paracetamol-500 mg.

Hope I have answered your query. Please write back if you have any further question.

Please accept my answer if you have no more queries.

Wishing your girlfriend a speedy recovery.