Light headness and numb hands after a shower. Whats the reason?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I just got out of the shower and now I feel light headed and my hands are numb.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Feeling light headed after a long shower is likely to be due to pooling of blood in your legs. This happens due to redistribution of blood. Dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, vitamin B complex deficiency, hypoglycemia, hypothyroidism, anemia, recent viral infection, etc can be the possible causes.
You need to lie down for a while and have an electrolyte XXXXXXX sports drink to replenish your energy. If this has happened for the first time then avoiding the causative factors and maintaining a good nutrition with vitamin B complex supplements will be helpful.
In case the symptoms are persistent then you need to consult a physician to detect the cause and treat accordingly.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.