Light headed with excess saliva, feeling dizzy and sick. What could it be?
User rating for this question
I am very light headed with lots of excess saliva and a bit of pressure between my nose and eyes. Poured paint thinner down the drain yesterday but as soon as I realised my mistake I flushed the sink with hot soapy water. The smell is still strong today, especially after doing a load of laundry. I have had the windows open and taken the boys out of the house this morning. We are back now and they are fine but I am still feeling dizzy and sick. Also trying to eat and drink but everything tastes awful.
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Observe symptoms, can take paracetamol, evaluation Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Welcome to health care magic. The paint thinners are mostly mineral spirits that is they are organic chemicals with a very low volatile point. That is that they evaporate very fast at lower temperatures. They form gases that are quite irritating to the skin and mucosa and cause inflammation if they stay in contact for long even they can cause acute delerious state or seizures. I think the exposer you had was short-lived and you were wise enough to flush down the chemical from the drain and then going out with the kids. You should get examined by a local physician. If there is significant inflammation or symptoms then you may need treatment with antihistaminics, antiinflamatory drugs or steroids. If the symptoms have come down from the time of exposure upto now then you can wait for 2 - 3 more days and you will recover without any assistance but if symptoms are in increasing trend or you are uncomfortable then you should go for the treatment right now. I hope the advice will be helpful for you.
Other Questions to read
- Took drug molly and was called for hair drug test. Will that show in result?
- Take Tri-nessa and spironolactone together. Does the birth control benefit of the Tri-Nessa lessen due to the Spironolactone?
- How accurate is negative RPR test at 39 days post exposure?
- Child is in the pool everyday, noticed little white spots on forehead. Should I be concerned?
- Heat resistant, hands feel shaky, under stress, lower back pain. Suggest?