Light headed, tired around eyes. Not an eye infection. What is it?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
hi been feeling so light headed time to time and very tired around my eyes and head been to my doc got no eye in infec not sure wot it can be bit worrying
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Follow-up: Light headed, tired around eyes. Not an eye infection. What is it? 48 minutes later
feeling light headed off my feet little bit very tired around my head and eyes doc said got no ear infec around my neck when i eat feel if cant feel anything did have cold few weeks ago plz get back thanks
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 49 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

Dizziness and tiredness could be stress related or a sign of an underlying illness like anemia, low blood pressure, hypoglycemia or other hormonal problems like thyroid disorder or migraine.

To come to a conclusion you should get your blood pressure, blood sugar and if possible hemoglobin and Thyroid profile checked . It would be best if you can consult your physician who can after through examination narrow down the possibilities, order necessary investigations and confirm the diagnosis.

You need not panic as many times in females it is more of a nutritional or stress related lightheaded-ness rather than any major pathology.

If you are facing any personal or work related stress, try to avoid it, have a balanced diet XXXXXXX in XXXXXXX vegetables and fruits like apples and nuts and drink adequate water.

But I would still advise you to get the above mentioned baseline investigations done as per discussion with your doctor, to be on the safer side.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow-up.

Wishing you speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Light headed, tired around eyes. Not an eye infection. What is it? 2 hours later
but my throt feel bit funny feels if something lieing in it bit sore too i have had few family probs an was bit stress but not has much now tho this been like this for 2 weeks feel funny when am out and about i get the light headed comes and goes but tiredness always there i do sleep well at nites
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 5 hours later

Thanks for the follow up.

The feeling in your throat could be due to enlarged lymph nodes or lingual tonsils which are not visible but enlarge in case of infection or cold which you probably had few weeks ago. Now that too needs to be examined by a doctor for confirmation.

Another possibility could be dry mouth or throat as a result of blood pressure or hormonal disturbances but it’s not likely since you haven't complained about it.

If you are lightheaded in standing position more than recumbent position then it is more likely to be due to low blood pressure or anemia. So kindly get yourself checked for it as feasible.

If you are sleeping well then stress won't be much of a factor in your symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query, please accept the reply if you have no further queries.