Light headed, sweating, perception problem, peripheral vision blurriness, seen GP, Neuroligist, Cardiology, Opthamalagist, all Ok, on in-vitro fertilization. Cause?

about 5 weeks ago my son developed lightheaded symptoms, with some profuse sweating at times, also has some depth perception problems and some peripheral vision blurriness. He has seen his GP, Neuroligist, Pulmonary, Cardiology, IM, and Opthamalagist. All of the tests say that he is completely healthy, but the symptoms persist. He is scheduled to go back to his IM for some more test results. He and his wife are going thru In-Vitro Fertilization and not sure if stress could be a factor. Any ideas?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 7 hours later

Please do let me know the age of your son. He seems to be an adult with stress, going through In-vitro fertilization. Also it will be better if I could know his blood pressure, weight and other risk factors like smoking.

Light headedness with sweating, can at times be a marker of serious stress, especially in diabetics as you are also talking about vision problems. As you say all his tests are normal, I expect even blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugars to be normal. In this case, it may be related to anxiety panic attacks or a missing neurological issue. With vision blurring, a detailed ophthalmological examination with retina and fundus examination and a MRI (Magnetic Resonant Imaging) scan of the brain will help in ruling out a serious element.

One thing is for sure; we can't just blame it on stress and not do any investigations further. Do visit a Psychiatrist to cope up with anxiety if any.

Awaiting your reply.