Light color skin patch on cheek with white hair, started spreading. Cause and cure?

i have a light color skin patch on my cheek and it grows white hair . i first noticed it like 6 months ago and it was like a small patch but now its spreading
Posted Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 37 minutes later
Thanks for writing in .
The white patch can be vitiligo,pityriasis XXXXXXX tinea versicolor etc.
As the hair over the patch are white possibility of vitiligo is more likely.
The treatment will depend on diagnosis.
Also I would like to know-
Is there any itching /pain?
Is there any scaling /flaking of the area?
Are the borders flat or raised?
Can you upload photos of the affected area?
Photographs can help alot in predicting the condition.
Upload the photos and answer the questions and we can continue the discussion here.
I will be available for follow up.
Dr Sudarshan
MD dermatologist
Follow-up: Light color skin patch on cheek with white hair, started spreading. Cause and cure? 8 minutes later
i have upload the pics and have also looked up online mine is most near to Alopecia Areata barbae but still i am not sure .
also there is no itching or pain and no ther is no scaling or flaking around the area

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi again,
Thanks for the images.
Is there any alteration in hair pattern?
Is the hair in the area lost?
Alopecia areata is a condition which hair in the area is lost and there is no real change in color.
It is localised area of hair loss without any symptom.Does it match the description of yours?
Photographs provided by you are show a light area over the face .I cannot evaluate the details.If you can upload better close up images then it can be helpful.