Light, brown discharge, spotting, do not use protection, trying to get pregnant, have irregular periods. Pregnant or UTI?

Question
hellohi my last period was in end of January in April I had brown light discharged 2 times in one week but no period and now its XXXXXXX 15 I have spotting only when I wipe and had spotting XXXXXXX 13 only one
time I don't use protection I have been trying to get pregnant for five years now and I have irregular period since 13 now I'm 25 could I pregnant?could it be a uti
Posted Mon, 9 Jul 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 2 hours later
Hello

Thanks for writing to us

You should do a pregnancy test with kit at home

There can be a pregnancy with spotting in case of threatened abortion or missed abortion

Other causes for delayed periods with history of infertility can be polycystic ovaries or hypothyroidism

It is better to get all investigations done but before that you have to confirm for the pregnancy and for that urine test and an ultrasound scan is must

Best wishes

Warm regards

Follow-up: Light, brown discharge, spotting, do not use protection, trying to get pregnant, have irregular periods. Pregnant or UTI? 1 hour later
my breast hurt so much I have symptoms of my period but its just not coming just spotting and very tired

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 23 minutes later
Hello

Dear XXXXXXX ,

The pain in breast can be due to early pregnancy or PMS ( premenstrual syndrome )

Chances of PMS seem more in your case

Till you do pregnancy test it is very difficult to suggest anything

If you are not pregnant then you must get your hormone tests done like FSH , LH , Prolactin , Progesterone etc under your doctor's guidance

Till then take foods XXXXXXX in omega 3 fatty acids such as fish oils , walnuts , flaxseed
oil , raspberries etc.
Vit E capsules also help to relieve breast discomfort

Best wishes

Follow-up: Light, brown discharge, spotting, do not use protection, trying to get pregnant, have irregular periods. Pregnant or UTI? 3 days later
My test came out negative I got my period now what are some things me and my husband can take to get pregnant?

Hello

Welcome once again

These are the following investigations which you and your husband should get them done

Semen analysis
Your routine blood investigations like Hb , blood group , blood sugar F , ESR etc
Then hormonal tests on third day of cycle like FSH , LH and Oestradiol levels
Thyroid function tests , prolactin , testosterone etc

USG , Hysterosalpingography

Follicular studies in mid cycle

These tests should be done under the guidance of your doctor

There can be several reasons for infertility

Please attach the reports when you get them done so that I can guide you in a better way

Best wishes