Light brown discharge, clumps of tissues, pregnancy test faintly positive. Cause?

Question
I am having like dirty light brown discharge with clumps of tissue it looks like. I took a pregnant test that came back faintly positive what could the brown discharge be
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 15 minutes later

Thank you for the Query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Did you have Unprotected sex recently?
2.) If yes, which day of your cycle was it?
3.) Is the discharge foul smelling, or do you feel Itchy?

Your History and Pregnancy Test suggests you are pregnant even if the Pregnancy Test shows faintly positive result. You can repeat the test again after 24 hours, if the same result pops up, you should be seeing your Gynecologist so that he/she may examine you and confirm your Pregnancy.

The Light brown Vaginal Discharge with clumps of tissue could be the Implantation Bleeding, but it has to be confirmed.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health and Good Luck.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.

Follow-up: Light brown discharge, clumps of tissues, pregnancy test faintly positive. Cause? 1 hour later
The last time I had unprotected sex was on the 22 of September. There is no foul smell. The first day of my last cycle was 19th of september and lasted only three days

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 20 minutes later

Thank you for Writing back to me.

You have had sex in a safe period which does not cause Pregnancy, but your Urine test results say otherwise. As i said earlier, repeat the test again after 24 hours, if the same results come out, you sure are pregnant.

It may so happen that if you have received HCG (human chorinoic gonadotrophin) injections recently, it will show up in the Urine and UPT(urine pregnancy test) turns out positive.

For UPT, use a early morning urine sample.

All the Best.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.