Light bleeding post a jab of depo-provera, advised norithisterone. Is it safe?

I've gotten a jab of depo-provera as birth control. Been having light bleeding for 3 weeks now.

My doctor also gave me Norithisterone to take since my wedding is in a few days, to stop my menses. Is it safe to take norithisterone while still having light bleeding?

Is it safe to take Norithisterone
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 57 minutes later
The mild irregular spotting that you are having is commonly associated with depo provera shot. This spotting usually subsides on its own in 3-4 weeks. Since you want to stop the bleeding completely, Norethisterone is the right choice for you. It will help in stopping the spotting in 3-5 days.
You can safely take norethisterone after a depo provera shot to regulate the bleeding.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.