Light bleeding during pregnancy, constant period pain. Suspected implantation bleeding. Worry?

Hi, i am 5 and half weeks pregnant and I am 24 years of age, I have had some light bleeding (brown colour) today and am a bit worried. I have had constant mild period pains throughout the pregnancy but nothing too bad. It is 12 days into my normal cycle so is not my normal time for my period. I missed my last period except for some suspected implantation bleeding at around 3 and a half weeks. I am booked in to see the midwife for my first appointment in 2 weeks time. Should I be worrying about this spot bleeding and do i need to do anything about it? What could it mean? Thank you. XXXXXXX UK
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 19 minutes later
In early pregnancy,spotting is often seen in many women.However,continued spotting/bleeding is a negative sign and needs to be treated immediately.If you have had only some spotting once,then dont worry yet.You need to remember some points:
Bed rest as much as possible.
No intercourse.
No heavy lifting,weight carrying,bending down repeatedly.
You can take progesterone support if your doctor prescribes it.
If spotting continues,you need an urgent ultrasound to see if the pregnancy is at risk.Impending miscarriage is something that can occur in such cases.So do take care of your self and seek medical attention if bleeding continues.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.