Ask a Urologist   »  

Light bleeding, discharge, blood in urine, burning. UTI?

I am 58 and have developed some kind of UTI or???. I have light bleeding and discharge for about two weeks. When I pass my water there is noticeable bloosd but not heavy. I have some burning but not a lot of other discomfort. Can you suggest what might be going on ?
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 9 hours later
Yes, You certainly need to get a few tests done.
There is a good possibility that you have only a like a malignancy.
You should get a complete urine analysis done, along with urine for culture and sensitivity in case infection is confirmed. An ultrasound examination of the bladder is essential, and you might need a cystoscopy which is an office based endoscopic examination of your urinary tract depending on what these investigations reveal.
Hope I have been able to help.
Let me know how you progress.