Lichen striatus on arm, scar, low heamoglobin, skin rashes in a child. Why did it reoccur?

4 year old with lichen striatus on right arm -flesh colored line in crease of elbow. First appeared 1 year ago went away other than pale scar. Looks like it is coming back in same spot. Pediatrician told me it was harmless when we first brought her in. I guess I should be okay with that but no with reoccurrence I am very concerned. Only other problem is slightly low hemoglobin 10.6 and had skin rashes when 1-2 years old.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 9 hours later

Lichen STriatus, as pointed out by your pediatrician, is a harmeless self limiting skin problem.

Recurrence may be seen in early years of life but it usually subsides. Initially there may be a pale scar but gradually the color mixes with the rest of the skin. SO there are no issues there.

If the diagnosis is certain, there is no reason to worry.

If you want a second opinion on the diagnosis, you may attach a pic of the lesion using the "upload your reports feature" on the right hand side of the query page.

I will have a look and revert back.

No treatment is required for Lichen Striatus

Awaiting your response