Leukoplakia on throat and tonsil, have GERD, post nasal drip. Are they pre-cancerous?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have what looks like leukoplakia in the very beginginning stages on my throat one spot on each side of the back of my throat and one on my right tonsil. My question is that first off i have gerd which at times does back up into my throat as well as post nasal drip can those cause leukoplakia in my throat? Are they still considered pre cancerous? Also i have tonsil stones and where the white spot is on my tonsil is where i push all the time could this be from me pushing out the stones? and in your opinion would that still be pre cancerous as well?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 10 hours later

Leukoplakia has always been and still continues to be a precancerous lesion.

I understand your concern. As there could be many condition can mimic leukoplakia, a direct examination by an ENT surgeon at the earliest is advisable. If leukoplakia is confirmed, you should be on surveillance for cancerous changes.

Stone disease by itself is not cancerous. But chronic irritation caused by stones can in a few cases induce cancerous changes.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

With regards