Lesion on breast,biopsy,sore

I have a sink lesion on my left breast for years after performing a biopsy on my right breast this lesion appeared on the left and has never bothered me till recently it has become sore to the touch of my bra, what should I do because I don't have health insurance anymore?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 48 minutes later
Hello and thank you for your query.

The question you asked is a good one and I will try to give you some information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

You have talked about a skin lesion on your breast which has become more sore and painful. Especially with contact along the edge of your bra. It is somewhat difficult for me to make recommendations in the absence of being able to examine you. Would it be possible for you to send a picture of the area in question for me to review? You can attach the picture by using the upload facility provided in the right side panel of the query.

I would also like to know if you have had a screening mammogram performed within the past one year. It is extremely important that you obtained this in order to make sure there is no suspicious growth in the breast. After the age of 50. This becomes more and more important. I realize that you have limited resources and no medical insurance but I believe Medicaid can possibly pay for this. I encourage you to seek some social services in order to help you pay for this diagnostic study.

Before I make recommendations I would like to get more information from you including a possible picture of the affected area. If you have any additional details to add including any family history of breast problems or breast cancer in your relatives. This would also be helpful. In case you are not able to upload the photograph, you can send a photo to my attention at YYYY@YYYY .

I thank you again for submitting your question. I look forward to working with you on obtaining more information and appropriate recommendations. Hopefully you will find this exchange to be quite helpful.

Dr. Robert.