Legs are weeping a clear liquid. What to do?

My husband's legs are weeping a clear liquid. What should I do?
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please, get his waterpills evaluated

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about what your husband is going through.

From the information you have provided, there is excess fluid that has accumulated in the body and is responsible for stagnation in the limbs and this oozing.

The best thing to do is to try and get it out of the system. I can see he is on water pills and may need the dose to be stepped up to get rid of some of this fluid and relief him of his symptoms and oozing fluid from the legs. Also, reducing his daily fluids intake and avoiding excess salt in diet would be of added advantage.

My advice is that you talk with his doctor and get the dosages of the water pills(lasix/spironolactone) increased to address this.

I hope this addresses your query fully. Feel free to ask for clarifications.
I wish your husband the best of possible outcomes and a good health.

Dr. Ditah, MD