Leg pain, not muscle pain, shifting pain, started after active exercise

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I'm 30 yr old male, 5'11", 230 lbs. Why do I have leg pain in my right thigh? It isn't muscle pain and it has moved in the past two days. It first migrated from mid-thigh up to my interior and exterior hip, then it migrated back down. It started when I began actively exercising last week after a period of not working out.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sangeet 10 hours later

Your history suggests either a muscle cramp or a problem with your back. Leg pain could arise due to fatigue/ cramps or as a symptom to intervertebral disc.

Kindly answer these questions below so that I could know your problem better.
- Is the pain localized to your leg or is it shooting from your thigh or back right down there, ever now and then?
- any numbness/ weakness?
- what activities aggravate your pain? walking/ bending forwards/ climbing stairs?
- kindly give details of the activity you were doing when this pain precipitated.

I don't see anything worrisome curently, but please lemme know these details to prevent further problems.

Thank you. I will be available for your follow up.