Leg pain, muscle sprain, bone pain. Taking Endura mass. What could be the reason?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hello Doctor,
I am 24 F, 167cm. From past few months I am facing the problem of leg ache, muscles sprain, bone pain. I am taking Endura Mass gain since 1 year and I have gained 10 kg of weight (from 47kg to 57kg). I thought pain is due to calcium deficiency so, I took calcium tabs for 10 days but of no use. I am not able to figure it out what could be the reason behind this problem. Is the pain due to increased body weight? what to do to get rid of it?
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Generalised aches on muscle stretches, leg pains and bone pain are often found in vitamin D and magnesium deficiency.

I suggest you to consult an endocrinologist and get prescribed vitamin D and magnesium supplements. Your symptoms should improve with that. Also eat magnesium XXXXXXX foods like bananas, beans, chickpeas, fish, nuts, soybeans, spinach etc which are natural sources of magnesium.

Regarding vitamin D levels, you need to take a XXXXXXX of vitamin D with milk or curd once a week for 8 weeks and then once a month. Each XXXXXXX contains 60,000 IU of vitamin D. But these should be taken only after getting your vitamin D levels checked.
Taking calcium supplements only for 10 days are not likely to help you.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.