Leg pain, low grade fever, low energy, muscle strain, viral fever

My 8 year old son is complaining of leg pain and is running a low grade fever (100) and says he feels rotten (and look pale and low energy). Are these two separate problems or related? He just started tennis so the leg pain could be a strain.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Puneet Oberoi 14 hours later

Thanks for your query,

The leg pain he has could be due to the muscle sprain he must have got during playing tennins , that could be a expected possibility but the leg pains with fever also do give clue into conditions like viral fevers.

Hence I would ask you to observe his temperature every 6 hours from now. If you notice high temperature for again he might be needing a physical examination to confirm the fact and be put on antibioitcs.

For now if the pain is unbearable you can apply BENGAY gel over the affetced leg , it will give him good relief.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Take care , Bye