Leg pain, knee burning, crawling feeling, no swelling or redness, have anxiety. Worried about DVT.

hello i want to ask u a question regarding my right leg. i made an app next wednesday to my doctor, i dont know what she will say. but i want to tell u my symptoms again it hurts all the way from the top of the leg on the top iside of the leg, then behind my knee. whe i stand i have to limp for a little and then its ok, when i go up the stairs behind my knee burns. a then i have a pooling feeling constantly sometimes i have goiosbumps i feel something is crawling inside my leg. again my beegest fear is dvt. i already spoke to one of ur doc he said its not a dvt the reason i am asking u so when i see my doctor i can hear a couple of sugestions. she will probaly send me to test. i did have 2 dopplers in may to rullout dvt and they daid no dvt blood flow is good. i am so afraid of dvt i am afraid now to sit for a long period of time.i dont have swelkling or redness. my late grandma had a couple od clots , my parents dont have them. i have had this problem with my leg for longer then a yer its on and off.i am now so afraid i cant even sit because i think if i sit i will have advt and die, i do have an anxiety isuue
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 6 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.

I have to say the most likely contributing factor of your symptoms is musculoskeletal. Your symptoms sound suspicious for nerve impingement.

Nerve impingement can be caused by a bulging or ruptured disc in the back which can press on one of the nerve roots which originates from the spine.

At this time I recommend you start with an aggressive course of anti-inflammatory medications to include ibuprofen 600 mg three times per day for 7 days. In addition I recommend stretching exercises to be done three times per day for the time being as well this should be helpful.

And consult with your doctor for a proper physical exam, which is always revealing and will help in identifying the exact problem with you.

Thanks again for the query. I am certain this is not a DVT in your case. I hope you found the rest of my response to be helpful and informative. If there are any additional concerns please let me know.

Dr. Galamaga