Leg pain, heel pain. MRI shows hydromyelia in vertebra. Serious?

I was recently having right leg pain (pain not severe) and sometimes sever pain in my foots heel...(rarely)... Dr asked to do an MRI of pelvis and spine (inspection)... MRI report says Mild Hydromelyia in d7 and d8 vertebra.. Is it serious.. Will I be disabled. Age - 22 Height - 178 cms Wt - 73 kgs
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Hydromyelia refers to a condition where the spinal canal widens and fluid collects inside it causing compression of the nerves leading to all these symptoms you are having.
It is a progressive disease and needs surgical treatment to avoid disability. You need to consult a spine surgeon for proper guidance regarding the treatment.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Leg pain, heel pain. MRI shows hydromyelia in vertebra. Serious? 15 hours later
Does d7 and d8 vertebra means the thoracic vertebre
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Yes. D7 and D8 refers to 7th and 8th thoracic vertebrae.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.