Leg pain from groin to knee, swollen legs. Had angioplasties after cerebral aneurysm. Cause?

Hello Dr, my sister had many angioplasties after a cerebral aneurysm in 2009. Now she complains of a debilitating pain in her right leg (all angioplasties were perform on the right leg). The pain starts at the groin area down to her knee. What could be the cause and how can it be stopped? Also, both her legs are very swollen.
Posted Sat, 11 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your mail with diligence.
Three years is long time. If blood supply to right leg were to get compromised during the procedure it would have manifested long ago. But symptoms you describe can be vascular pain and she needs to be examined completely. If doctor is in doubt he/she will order a Doppler examination and the situation will become clear. Meanwhile, is she diabetic because when you talk of pain in the leg, nerve pain due to neruopathy also comes to mind and lumbar spine also will have to be examined, before labeling it vascular pain related / unrelated to a previous vascular procedure. Good luck.
With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW