Leg pain, burning sensation in feet. Normal X-ray, MRI, blood test

I am having constant pain in my left leg,below nee and burning sensation in feet.
Even in sleep,walking and while standing.
I have done Xray,MRI,blood flow (Colour doppler),Blood test for sugar and vitamins but all are normal
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 24 hours later

I have gone through the history provided and have seen the reports attached. Neuralgic pain below knee and burning sensation feet have been investigated in detail and no cause has been found. Your doctor may consider additional tests such as blood homocysteine , vit B12 and folate levels.

Coming to treatment, your doctor may consider amitryptaline, pregabalin or valproate. These are trials and one may suit or not. Take them under medical supervision.

Follow-up: Leg pain, burning sensation in feet. Normal X-ray, MRI, blood test 2 days later
Thankyou for your advice.
I needed your help so I can get over this pain.
I have attached an image of the pain areas. please see it.
pain in the leg is always there but the intensity changes from different places. In sleep and while sitting on chair its more at the bottom of feet (kind of burring sensation) and while climbing stairs at the knee.
Sir I have taken gabapente tablets for a month.
I don’t know which doctor i should go to orthopedic, neurologist I have been to them and they say everything is normal.
Should I try doing some strength building exercise or take more Rest. I tried taking rest and also walking, but it has not helped me reduce the pain.
Waiting for your reply,
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 7 hours later

I have seen the attached image.

It is essentially a neuralgic pain and treatment can be with neurologist. He may consider drugs such as amitryptaline, pregabalin or valproate. Neurologist may consider physiotherapy including spine, abdominal & hip exercises.

Hope you recover soon.

Dr Pratap
Follow-up: Leg pain, burning sensation in feet. Normal X-ray, MRI, blood test 32 hours later

Thanks for your advice I will go see a neurologist,

Can you please advice me if I can do some exercisre or not.
If yes,It will be great help if you can send me some links for any exercise vedio.

Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 2 hours later

In my opinion you must do some exercises and preferably have one session with a trained physiotherapist. However, final word will come after evaluation by a neurologist and then we will come to a conclusion about type of exercises to be prescribed.