Leg injury, swollen, bruised, able to walk without pain, soreness, dent. Okay to monitor for few days?

Excellent

Question
My daughter was playing tag last night and tripped over a bike in the grass hitting her leg on the pedal. It's swollen and bruised but she is able to walk on it without pain. It is sore to the touch and has a dent in the front of her XXXXXXX where I'm assuming she hit the pedal. Trying to determine if we should get it x-rayed or if it is okay to just monitor it for the next couple days.
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 18 minutes later
Hello
It is good that she is able to walk without pain.
I think there is nothing to worry.
Apply ice locally and wait for couple of days.
If swelling increases or her pain increases,then you may get her x-rayed and examined by the doctor.

In case you have any additional concern,you may revert to me.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Leg injury, swollen, bruised, able to walk without pain, soreness, dent. Okay to monitor for few days? 9 hours later
So, the dent doesn't automatically mean that it is broken? What would cause the dent or what is the dent a sign of?

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello
This dent seems to be on superficial tissues only.
Moreover had the bone been broken,she would have had considerable pain and wouldn't have been able to walk.
This dent should disappear gradually.
Thanks