Leg injury, swelling, fracture, ligament tear, soft tissue injury

I dropped a can of mousse on my foot a couple days ago. It hurt at the time, but then it didn't bother me for awhile. Then about a day and a half later, it started to hurt when I walked on it. It's a little swollen. I've been icing it. Do I need to get an x-ray? I have insurance, but it's not very great, so I'm trying to keep costs down.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 32 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

I do not see a need for a Xray here , If there was a swelling soon after the incident then a suspection of a fracture or a ligament tear could be held.

Since the swelling you had was after a day it could be due to the take antiinflammatories like IBUPROFEN 400 mg one tab after food every morning , it will help in fast recovery.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them