Leg injury from falling objects previously. Now painful, especially if it is going to rain.

Question
FELL OFF LADDER LANDED ON MY BACK. THE FALL DID NOT HURT AT ALL WHAT HAPPENED WAS I WAS PULLING ON TWO SHEETS OF PLYWOOD WHEN I FELL AND THE TWO SHEETS CAME DOWN ON MY RIGHT LEG BELOW KNEE. IT HURT FOR AWHILE AND SOME SWELLING SO I ICED IT AND THE NEXT MORNING IT WAS FINE BUT BRUISED. TWO MONTHS WENT BY WITH NO PROBLEM NOW IT HURTS LIE CRAZY ESPECIALLY IF IT IS GOIN TO RAIN
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

You had a injury about 2 months.The weight of plywood sheet is normally not very heavy.Still ,definitely it can produce injury to the tissues of knee leg.

Swelling and bruising after injury are normal and part of normal process after any injury.

You are having pain in that area after 2 months,it is likely that this new complaint might have nothing to do with the injury that you had.In most cases 2 pain free months exclude any specific muscular or ligament injury.

It is possible this pain may be due to some fresh trauma,which at times may be unnoticeable.

To get away with pain at present,

Please avoid bending your leg or putting pressure on your knee.
Apply some local analgesic ointment .
Take analgesic like Tylenol .

It is advisable that you see orthopedic surgeon in case this measure do not help.
In case this persists beyond a week or so,there could be chances of sprain to the ligaments of knee join in that area.

I hope this helps and help you to understand better,in case you have any follow up queries Please do write again.

regards,

dr.pragnesh