Leg, hips, and thigh in constant pain. Reason and solution?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My right leg hips and thigh constantly paining from last five months. What can be the reason and what can be solution??
Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. A.K.Venkatachalam 2 days later
Hip pain has to be differentiated from back pain. Hip pain often spreads to the knee and is worsened by walking and relieved by rest. You seem to have got no relief from other modalities of treatment.
Avascular necrosis is a condition often causing true hip pain. It can be picked up in the early stages by an MRI scan.
You may want to consult your orthopedic surgeon. To know more about this condition you may visit my website, and check out the facts.
Follow-up: Leg, hips, and thigh in constant pain. Reason and solution? 47 minutes later
Thanks for the quick response.

I have not consulted any orthopedic surgeon till date but as per other doctors and my knowledge, my pain is mainly due to over stress at work and improper sitting habit.

The muscle / bones joining leg and back starts paining first then it moves downward till thigh. Thigh muscle get solid like rock.

I might not able to describe exactly in words. If possible, i would like to discuss on phone.

Answered by Dr. A.K.Venkatachalam 22 minutes later
I would seriously recommend getting evaluated by a orthopedic surgeon to find out the cause of your pain. It is not such a wise thing to delay the diagnosis for so long.
Follow-up: Leg, hips, and thigh in constant pain. Reason and solution? 12 hours later

Please recommend any orthopedic you know. I stay at Borivali east - mumbai
Answered by Dr. A.K.Venkatachalam 29 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Please find the details of Orthopedicians here.

1) Doctor name : Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Availability : 11.00 AM to 01.00 PM (Mon to Fri)
07.00 PM to 09.00 PM (Mon to Fri)

Address : Sree XXXXXXX Hospital
Plot No.161 XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Nagar,
Near National Park, Borivili East, Mumbai - 0000

Contact : +(91)-(22)-0000

2) Doctor name : Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Availability : 11.30 AM to 01.00 PM (Mon to Sat)

Address : XXXXXXX Hospital
XXXXXXX Nagar, Kasturba RD 3,
Borivali East, Mumbai - 0000

Contact : +(91)-(22)-0000

Hope this helps you.