Leg covered with poison oak. Having itching and swelling. Using antibiotic wound. How do I treat?

My leg is 1/2 covered from poison oak/suma/or ivy? I am in my first week and the blistering has stopped. all looks pinkish with some oozing here and there. The itching has also stopped when taking a hot bath. The only thing that bothers me now is the swelling. since I am on my feet all day the swelling is mostly in my calf,foot and ankle. Is this normal? how should I treat the swelling? I'm using triple antibiotic cream on my wounds every night after a bath and the next morning.
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 30 minutes later
Swelling is common as there is inflammation. It will be better if you take an anti inflammatory drug like ibuprofen. Oral steroid may also be required as you have got this swelling from an allergic reaction. Take benadryl and Keep applying the cream, it will protect you from infection.
Let me know if you have any doubt.
Thank you.