Leg and arm swelling, rednned, numbness, tingling sensation, sneezing. Also have jaw pain. Is it TMJ?

Hi I woke up with my right arm and right leg swelling this morning. Right XXXXXXX area is red. Right hand is very swollen. I've been having numbness and tingling in my right arm from elbow down to the tip of my fingers for the past 2weeks with severe burning pain occasionally, esp. at night. Been having severe running nose, continuous sneezing since October 2011 -saw ENT end of December 2011 who prescribed high dose steroids x 2 weeks. Symptoms resolved during and 2 weeks after taking them. Again with same symptoms (running/stuffy nose, sneezing) starting from 3 weeks back. Also started getting sudden pain and clicking sound in my left jaw while chewing (?TMJ). Had similar symptoms in the jaw 2 1/2 yrs back during the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy with my twins and similar symptoms with swelling too. Please advise.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 9 hours later
Hi there. Thank you for posting your question. I will do my best to help you.

I think that most, though not all, of your symptoms here relate to allergy. You really do need to try and identify your allergen(s). This may require you to consult a physician who specialises in this area of medicine. This might be very challenging. I would suggest you consider these kind of questions:

Could it be a food allergy? Have you introduced anything new into your diet in the past few years?

How about any long term medication either prescribed or OTC?

What about your immediate environment, your home, your bed, your detergents, your pillow, your duvet? Any feathers around?

Are you better when away staying in someone's house? And so on like this. It is a matter of detective work.

You may also have wrist, again due to allergy?

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.