Left testicle hanging lower after cycle ride, painful. Is something wrong?

hi my left testicle is hanging a little lower after a took a cycle ride....its been 15 days and the problem is is normal in the morning ...but the left testicle hangs lower till the evening again....a little pain is there sometimes....plz tell is there something wrong
Posted Sat, 9 Jun 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 30 minutes later

Such a acute presentation is seen in common conditions like infection, torsion or Hydrocele.

If it is an infection (Orchitis) the pain and swelling would be evident and you would have fever associated with or without chills.Here taking a course of antibiotics would help you get rid of the problem.

If you see much evident swelling with no much pain and no fever then it could be a Hydrocele, where there is collection of fluid in the scrotum.The evening presentation is very typical and it does increase in evenings and on long standing.The treatment for this problem is through a surgery.

There is no swelling but just the feeling of heaviness in the testis and pain associated with it ,then the chances of it being Torsion (sudden lack of blood supply due to twisting of testicles) are more.The sudden (15day)presentation is very typical and the evening increase in severity is also typical in this condition .
This can be confirmed by performing a test called Colour Doppler.This condition needs rest and in some cases treated by surgery.

Do go through above differential diagnosis provided and proceed to a GP who can after examining confirm one amongst above and treat accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.