Left side of tongue is swollen and pain in glands. Constant ringing and pain in ear. Had complex migraine. Suggest the cure?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi! i have my left side of my tongue ..under swelling and my throat limph? glands also in pain.. ear pain too and a constant ringing inside that never stops :( . Last February they took and old root canal crown tooth and doc. told me that was interfiering with sinus and a nerve.. I also have a sinus problem... im taking a herb call golden seal to see if it goes... I had this for a long time but until last Feb didn't know that this crown and root canal could be the cause..Last December had i had incredible headaches..doc.said that could be "Complex migraine" ..don't know what is that ...better from that now only when i go to the cinemas or at work with the computer for long time the migraines come back ;(...
BLOOD TEST ALL GOOD NORMAL, did a colonoscopy (every 5 years) normal..all tests good..
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Take medication and avoid triggering factors

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.

Migraine usually involves half part of your head and associated with nausea.
Pain is severe and aggravated by triggering factors like irritant smell, travelling.

After clinical examination, medications for migraine like sumatriptans can be started consulting your doctor. For nausea you can take anti emetic like ondansetran.

Lifestyle Modifications will help to reduce headache episodes
- Proper nutrition
- Regular physical activity
- Adequate sleep
- Stress reduction strategies
• Identify and avoid triggers (e.g., tobacco smoke, strong odours, or sprays).
• Address workplace ergonomics. (Attention to workplace ergonomics and instruction in self-care of neck tension can have a dramatic effect on headache frequency.)

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Left side of tongue is swollen and pain in glands. Constant ringing and pain in ear. Had complex migraine. Suggest the cure? 3 hours later
What do u think about swollen limp nodes on your neck? Affecting the side of the tongue?thanks
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It indicates infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

Lymph node swelling indicates infection.
Infection can be bacterial,viral or tubercular.
To confirm it you may need blood investigation and clinical examination,so you can consult your treating doctor.

Wish you speedy recovery