Left side of neck swollen after endoscopy. Is the problem because of endoscopy, advise?

I had an endoscopy today around 11:30 a.m. Came home about 3 p.m. No real sore throat but the left side of my neck is quite swollen. When I had something to eat was when I realized I had a problem as chewing was quite painful. Is this normal after an endoscopy?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Follow-up: Left side of neck swollen after endoscopy. Is the problem because of endoscopy, advise? 2 minutes later
CCan I cancel this as I don't want to wait 24 hours. I can reach my doctor before then.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 13 minutes later
Hello and thanks for query.

Gastroscopy is a normal and routine procedure and generally most of the patients recover from it uneventfully. However in few cases it can cause complications.

In your case there seems to be bruising of your neck and is most likely due to the fact that a hard metal tube gas being inserted inside.

Problem in chewing is most likely due to the injury on your dental framework.

Normally this should be alright with pain killers but if the pain doesn't subside or increases then you should consult your doctor.

I hope to have answered your query however any further query is welcome.

Thanks and good luck.