Left side getting heavier than right side, pain in right side from head to toe

i m 50 year old women, my left side is getting heavier than my right side and at the same time my right side is getting lot of pain from head to toe
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
In order for me to help you better, I would like to know the following things:
a. When you say your left side is getting heavier, do you mean to say that you're feeling bloated on that side or do you feel some kind of weakness or loss of sensation or tingling on that side?
b. What is your height and weight?
c. Since when are you getting the pain in hands and legs?
d. Are you receiving any medication for the pain? Is there any treatment at all that you are taking?
e. Do you have any other symptoms?
f. Do you have any other medical illness like high blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol?

Awaiting your reply
Follow-up: Left side getting heavier than right side, pain in right side from head to toe 16 hours later
i m having sometimes tingling and sometimes loss of sensation.
i get upset very easily , many a times no reson and i get very angry. when i m angry i shout alot. my head has lot of pain. my right eye tears come.
my hight is 5,3"and wight is 65kgs
i take a tablet each for for blood pressure and chlostral in the morning and as and when pain is unbearable i take pain killers.
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 30 hours later

I apologize for the delayed response and thanks for giving me the details.

You seem to be suffering with various neurological symptoms with body / joint aches. After reading through them I wonder if the cause could be metabolic disturbance and related to menopause. (Mood swings, anger, depression and easy frustration are common symptoms of menopause too).

Without an opportunity to examine you physically, I am unable to specify the exact causes. However it will definitely help us to understand if you can get a few tests like haemoglobin levels, blood sugar, thyroid levels, vitamin D levels and vitamin B12 levels done.

Back issues such as spondylosis which usually accompany age and menopause may also be ruled out by X-rays. Some of your neurological symptoms can be attributed to the spine changes.

I understand the symptoms have been bothering you. But worry not; the aforementioned test will give us clues to start appropriate treatment. Visit your physician and get the test done.
In the meantime take care to drink plenty of fluids, eat healthy fruits and vegetables. Use pain killers sparingly only when needed, take your medications regularly and rest well.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.