Left side eptopic pregnancy, on methatrexate, HCG at 6. How long to absorb?

Hi, I am 28 years old. I have recently gone through a left side eptopic pregnancy. I was given two doses of methatrexate 6 weeks ago. My hcg today is at 6, however an u/s showed that I still have a 2.5 cm mass in the tube, how long does it take for the body to absorb this? Thanks
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 1 hour later

Ectopic pregnancy when managed medically sometimes can take upto around 100 days to absorb (as reported in various case series), your beta hcg is low that's a good sign. Repeat your scan after 2-3 weeks, by that time, high chances are that it will be absorbed. Recently, I have treated one patient of ectopic pregnancy with methotrexate single dose and she took around 8 weeks for that ectopic mass to absorb and now she is doing fine.

Best wishes.