Left of belly button hurts, perspiration. Treatment?

age 37 5"10 wieght 279
have had a pain in bottom left side of my belly buttom and it hurt when i pee or poop i also sweat alot when i sleep at night
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later

The description of the symptoms can be detailed to give a more accurate reply.

Can you please answer the following questions?
1) Do you run temperature?
2) Since how long is the pain
3) Are you sexually active? Do you have unprotected intercourse?
4) Do you remember eating stale or rotten food?

Pain abdomen in the lower left quadrant which increases on peeing or poop seems to be intraperitoneal in nature. The following are the possibilities
1) Acute Gastrointestinal infection
2) Sexual transmitted disease
3) Intra abdominal pathology

You should see a doctor if the symptoms do not reduce in 24 hours. Till then check if there is an over the counter antispasmodic available with your pharmacist. Take them after taking fluid diet, three times a day.

Hope this helps. I will be available for the follow up
Follow-up: Left of belly button hurts, perspiration. Treatment? 6 hours later
yes i do run temperature about 100-101
pain has been for about 5 days first i couldnt poop then i started poopin a little but when i poop it feels like something wants to burst inside of me under my belly button i do have sex with my wife maybe once a week no dont remember eaten rotten food also it does not hurt when i start peeing but when i finish peeing it hurts in the same spot
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 19 hours later

I understood your concern.

First possibility of your problem is Moderate Dehydration. I prefer you pick more fluids in the form of yogurt mixed with water and pinch of salt. Lemon juice with salt and sugar. The pain during poop and after finishing the urine is suggestive of dehydration signs. Along with it, you can take Tab TYLENOL 500mg, one tablet after meal three times a day for two days.

Second possibility is a stone in the renal or urinary system. This requires an evaluation with CT scan abdomen. Most of the small stones pass off spontaneously. Hence it is important to have more water in this condition.

The next possibility is infection in the gut or urinary system as you are running temperature at 101 degree F, Tylenol helps in such case. If the trial of Tylenol does not help in 48 hours, I suggest a physical examination by a local physician for relief of the symptoms and proper diagnosis.

The general measures apply:
1) Good Personal Hygiene
2) Good Hydration, 12 glasses of fluid per day.
3) Ample rest
4) Symptomatic therapy with over the counter medicines.

Let me know if you have any other concerns.