Left inguinal hernia surgery done. Feeling nausea, pressure on surgical area. Should I be concerned?

Yes, I just had a left inguinal hernia surgery (mesh inserted). Two weeks have gone by with no problem. Now I'm feeling some pressure in the area of the mesh that was surgically inserted and nausea. I don't have any pain, just pinching around the area. I'm not sure what the cause may be, I have been very careful but I did try pulling my garbage pail that was half full to the curb. I thought I was careful. When looking at the area and I feel it, it does feel higher on that side than on the right side of my pelvis. Is this anything I should be concerned about?
Thank you in advance for your help
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

Thanks for the question.

In view of details the possible explanation for this is that, maybe there is some early recurrence of hernia.

A sonography can help to confirm this. I think you should bring this to your surgeon's notice to get clinical evaluation and sonography done. In case you experience pain or bloating of abdomen, then seek immediate medical attention. We may then be looking at a possible obstruction.
Let me know if you have any more questions.