Left eye has reddish colour. What is the treatment should be followed?

My left eye has got a reddish color due to a mosquitoe attack. What best ointment or solution to be applied.
Posted Tue, 3 Jul 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 3 hours later

Mosquito bites usually cause an allergic reaction. You can apply Moxifloxacin(Vigamox) eye drops four times daily to prevent any secondary infection. Also wash your eyes thoroughly with water. You can take antihistamine like Tab. Levocet twice daily for two days.

Hope your eyes get better soon.I will be available for any further queries if you have any.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah
Follow-up: Left eye has reddish colour. What is the treatment should be followed? 23 hours later
Okay. Thank you Doctor for your advice...! It seems better now and itching on eye has got reduced. Also, the reddishness got reduced. I keep follow the washing my eyes frequently.

Thanks Again..!
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 22 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

I am glad that you are improving.

You may ask me a query at this link in future in case you need an answer: