Left eye completely dilated. Overweight. What is causing this?

My 8 yr old female Manx managed to get herself locked out of the house last night and when I realized this and called her she came right away and is acting completely normal. The problem: her left eye is completely dilated. I haven't been able to determine if the eye responds to light or not as she is a very standoffish, stuck up, and freaky cat presently hiding under my bed until she sees fit to honor me with her presence. She is slightly overweight, but not obese.
Is there anything you can tell me that could be casing this?
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
My Dear.
Thank for sending your query to us.
What we would like to ascertain whether this dilated pupil was there before this episode.
Unilateral dilated pupil if not drug induced points to a optic nerve defect.It will not be a bad idea to wait for a few days and if the probtom still persists then a optic nerve evaluation is needed.This drug induced group also includes certain vegetable poisons,which may lead to dillated pupil as well as certain general symptoms.
Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
Follow-up: Left eye completely dilated. Overweight. What is causing this? 32 minutes later
Hello Dr.Misra,

Thank you for your answer, Now to answer yours: today is the first and only time that this has occurred. I did manage get a hold of her to check her eye with a flashlight and it does respond but very, very slightly. I also noticed that her white eyelid is a bit red.

Thank You, XXXXX
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 7 minutes later
Thanks for getting back to us .
We will wait for some time and hope every thing will be fine