Left ear has been clogged and prescribed with saline solution. Have tingling in face. What do you recommend?

hi my left ear has been clogged for about 3 months now, i went to the doctor about 2 months ago and she told me to wait, i went back earlier this month and i was prescribed a saline solution and nasal spray..ive been doing the treatment for 2 weeks now and still not i have tingling in my face (same side as ear, it comes and goes but its definetly here today) on top of that i have a really stiff neck for about 2 months (also had a swollen lymph node, wich is gone now) between my shoulder and neck, there is no lump but its just constantly sore..not painfull but discomfrting..i was prescribed anti-inflamatory pills but my last one is tomorrow and i can say i feel 100% better..any thoughts i do smoke occasionally and i saw online it could be thyroid cancer...but i have no problem breathing or swallowing.. thank you
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Middle ear infection. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. The symptoms are suggestive of left middle ear infection. The infection is clinically substantiated by neck lymph node swelling. Stiffness of the nose is suggestive of enlarged(Hypertrophic) turbinates. You may consulted the doctor and are not responding for treatment. In this scenario I advice would be to investigate further. I would suggest CT scan of the middle ear, nose and the Paranasal sinuses. This will help us to rule out infection, bony erosion, deviated nasal septum and hypertrophic(enlarged) turbinates. In the case of infection it needs to be treated with antibiotics. Discuss with your doctor about it. Most of the other conditions are corrected surgically. Secondly thyroid cancer presents with swelling of the anterior(front area) of the neck. Moreover you have no other symptoms related to it. So in my opinion thyroid cancer is most unlikely. If your are more concerned and want to rule out thyroid cancer then an Ultrasound of the thyroid may be done to rule out any cystic or solid node(Swelling). Hope the answer helps you. Let me know it there is any clarification. Regards.