Left breast is cup size and bigger than the right breast. Suggest the suitable way to make the breast equal without the need of surgery?

Dec 2012

I am 42 years old my left breast is a cup size bigger than the right I am married with 2children they grown Gp is male so I have never been to discusse this problem to him ,I can't afford surgeries please could u tell me another way to have my breast equal. I wear padded bra but when I wear my dress to a party which is fitted women figure out that one side is padded they even mention that one of my bust is smaller than the other it is so embrassing i am wearing loose clothes all the time i can't even wear fitted clothes please help me.
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The option to resize will depend on cause

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

Well I do understand your concern and it is more too of a social problem. You will need to understand that if your breast sizes are different, then it is probably a problem of increased mass due probably to a tumor or increase tissue (adipose/fatty) abnormality. In order to get them having the same shape, it will depend only on the cause. You will need to see a doctor (you can opt for a female doctor if you feel embarrassed talking with a male doctor) who can examine both breast, probably run a mammography to determine what made the difference. You need to be open minded about the possibility of a surgery as most breast asymmetry are structural problems and medications will not be able to help. You should be rest assured that most breast surgeries are not very invasive and success rates are great with minimal complications. So if surgery was the only alternative to get a normal size breast (or symmetry), then I suggest you follow through with it. In the other hand, if the cause requires medications, then you are in the luck (for no surgery).

Hope this info helps and reassures you. If you have any follow-up questions, please feel free to ask.

Dr. Nsah