Leaning forward slightly, losing balance, fallen foot arches, wearing insoles

Hi 72 year old male in good health generally speaking. Sometimers as I lean foward slightly I loose balance and have to reach out to avoid falling. I have fallen foot arches and wear insoles to counter act this. No other symptons to report.
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 11 hours later

I am happy that you are doing well health-wise. Touch wood!

At your age, it is bound to happen that you lose balance at times. This is because of the senile atrophy of the brain in certain areas like Cerebellum which predominantly controls the motor equilibrium and balance.

I do not think there is a need for medical intervention for this symptom as you are doing well otherwise. Also, there is no need for immediate investigations for this.

There is also loss of certain neuroamines as age progresses like Serotonin, Dopamine.

My suggestion for you would be to take neurotropic multivitamins like Neurobion forte on a daily basis.

This is available over the counter in the UK.

Please consume more of fruits, vegetable salads and fruit juices. You will do well soon.

Continue to wear your insoles. You just need to be a little more careful while you move around. Do not make rapid and jerky movements.

Do let me know if you have more concerns. Else, please accept my answer and write a review.

I wish you a quality healthy life.